From: swatmanb <swatmanb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Software and Driver
Newsgroups: gmane.recreation.radio.hardware.kenwood.th-f6a
Date: Saturday 17th March 2012 18:38:47 UTC (over 4 years ago)
What PC OS?  Linux, XP, Windows 7 or ?

What software? (Kenwood MCP-F6/F7  or ??)

What cable? Kenwood RS-232 or USB?

I have had great luck on my Windows 7 laptop with the Kenwood MCP-F6/F7
software (free) and the Wouxun USB Programming Cable ($16)

I just installed this a few months ago and it was so straight forward I
did not really give it much of  a thought and now I can't remember
exactly what I did.

Kenwood software
  http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html
<http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html>

Wouxun cable
   http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun-radios/usb-programming-cable.html
<http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun-radios/usb-programming-cable.html>

Wouxun USB cable software (? this us  be drive if needed)
  http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun/usb.html
<http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun/usb.html>

PL-2303 Software and Drivers   (this is the USB to RS232 converter that
is in the cable)    (it looks like today 3/17/12 the  Prolific site is
having a little trouble)
google cache of page
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ABNe31Rj-S4J:www.p\
rolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp%3Fid%3D31+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&cli\
ent=firefox-a
<https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ABNe31Rj-S4J:www.\
prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp%3Fid%3D31+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&cl\
ient=firefox-a>

PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0.zip  (direct link)
http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files/%5CIO%20Cable%5CPL-2303%5CDrive\
rs%20-%20Generic%5CWindows%5Callinone%5CPL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_\
v1.5.0.zip
<http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files/%5CIO%20Cable%5CPL-2303%5CDriv\
ers%20-%20Generic%5CWindows%5Callinone%5CPL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller\
_v1.5.0.zip>

so take this for what it is worth...

1) I had the Kenwood software installed well before I even got the radio
or cable, just to play around with it.

2) installing the USB cable. (I can't remember if I just installed the
cable and let windows 7 find the drivers or if I installed the drives
first before the cable)

3) after the cable and drivers were installed I located the USB device
adapter in the device manager to determine what COM port it was using.

hope it helps

--- In [email protected], David Holder
 wrote:

> I am trying to install the software to a PC for the TH-F6A.  That
seems to
> be the easiest way to put monitor frequencies into the radio.
>
> I have a cable that will work, but I need some kind of driver I can't
seem
> to find.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> --