Martin Morgan | 8 Oct 14:41 2012

Re: NOISeq installation error

On 10/08/2012 05:32 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Fatemehsadat Seyednasrollah
> <fatsey <at> utu.fi> wrote:
>> Sorry for that, this is my sessionInfo() output:
>>
>>> sessionInfo()
>>
>> R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
>> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
>>
>> locale:
>> [1] C/UTF-8/C/C/C/C
>>
>> attached base packages:
>>
>> other attached packages:
>> [1] BiocInstaller_1.4.8
>
> It looks like your BiocInstaller package is out-of-date.  In a new R
> session, try:

Actually, BiocInstaller is a sentinel for Bioconductor version; the original
poster is using BiocInstaller 1.4.x, which corresponds to Bioconductor version
1.10. Sean is using BiocInstaller 1.8.x, which corresponds to Bioconductor
version 1.11.

NOISeq is available only in Bioconductor version 1.11, so the original poster
needs to upgrade to Bioconductor version 1.11, for instance

   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
   biocLite("BiocUpgrade")

Since this is an _upgrade_, the original poster should be prepared for many
packages to be re-installed, and perhaps some complications from that.

Martin

>> source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
>> biocLite('NOISeq')
>
> This worked fine for me with this sessionInfo().
>
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.15.1 Patched (2012-08-09 r60221)
> Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] BiocInstaller_1.8.1

> [1] tools_2.15.1

>> [1] tools_2.15.1

>> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 3:11 PM
>> To: Fatemehsadat Seyednasrollah
>> Cc: bioconductor <at> r-project.org
>> Subject: Re: [BioC] NOISeq installation error
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Fatemehsadat Seyednasrollah
>> <fatsey <at> utu.fi> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am trying to install NOISeq package from Bioconductor using commands :
>>>   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>>> biocLite("NOISeq")
>>>
>>> But there is an error when installing: Warning message: package ‘NOISeq’ is not available (for R
version 2.15.1)

>> When reporting errors, be sure to post the output of sessionInfo().
>> Without that, we are all guessing a bit as to what your R setup is.
>>
>> Sean
>>
>>> But in the manual it is mentioned that NOISeq is available for R (>=2.0.3) so why is that?
>>> Thanks in advance

1100 Fairview Ave. N.
PO Box 19024 Seattle, WA 98109

Location: Arnold Building M1 B861