Steve Lianoglou | 16 Nov 22:03 2012

Re: Normalization of Affymetrix microarray data with spike-in hybridization controls?

... and ... re: spike ins:

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM, James W. MacDonald <jmacdon@...> wrote:
> So it isn't unheard of to do what you suggest. However, this is ground that
> was worked over fairly thoroughly in the middle of the last decade, and
> except in fairly pathological cases (e.g., when a preponderance of genes are
> differentially expressed), a simple quantile normalization seems to work
> pretty well, and has since become more or less the paradigm.

here's another example:

Revisiting Global Gene Expression Analysis

It's another pathological case -- not exactly the one you suggest, but
this was from recent work showing that Myc is something like a rising
tide that lifts all boater -erm -- I mean, genes.

Transcriptional Amplification in Tumor Cells with Elevated c-Myc

Steve Lianoglou
Contact Info:

Bioconductor mailing list
Search the archives: