Peter Kupfer | 19 Nov 20:41 2012

Re: PAMR- Package: Workflow and/or other methods

Thanks Sean,
but i guess: The included methods are not so different to methods in the e1071-package. I guess: For
thousands of genes it is a little bit difficult or? Maybe I have to choose an other method. You suggest one?
Thanks
Peter

Am 19.11.2012 um 16:29 schrieb Sean Davis <sdavis2@...>:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Peter Kupfer <peter.kupfer@...> wrote:
> Dear all,
> i searched for a classification method for microarrays with 3 groups. Therefore I found the package
"PAMR" which works out for the example data and with the tutorial (
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/PAM/Rdist/doc/readme.html )
> Well, i tried it with my data and the output is not so good as expected. So I asked myself if there is any
limitation regarding the numbers of genes for the input . Are there any experiences regarding the
input/gene numbers?

> If there are any methods/scripts for classification of three diseases, please let me know.
>
> There are MANY.  However, you might take a look at this package to get started:
>
> http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/MLInterfaces.html
>
> Sean
>

> All the best and thanks
> Peter