Tim Triche, Jr. | 19 Nov 21:04 2012
Picon

Re: PAMR- Package: Workflow and/or other methods

You might want to look into the 'CMA' Bioconductor package or the 'bootfs'
package on CRAN if classification is your goal.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Peter Kupfer <peter.kupfer@...> wrote:

> Thanks Sean,
> but i guess: The included methods are not so different to methods in the
> e1071-package. I guess: For thousands of genes it is a little bit difficult
> or? Maybe I have to choose an other method. You suggest one?
> Thanks
> Peter
>

> Am 19.11.2012 um 16:29 schrieb Sean Davis <sdavis2@...>:
>

> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Peter Kupfer <peter.kupfer@...>
> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > i searched for a classification method for microarrays with 3 groups.
> Therefore I found the package "PAMR" which works out for the example data
> and with the tutorial (
> http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/PAM/Rdist/doc/readme.html )
> > Well, i tried it with my data and the output is not so good as expected.
> So I asked myself if there is any limitation regarding the numbers of genes
> for the input . Are there any experiences regarding the input/gene numbers?
> >
> > If there are any methods/scripts for classification of three diseases,
> please let me know.
> >
> > There are MANY.  However, you might take a look at this package to get
> started:
> >
> > http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/MLInterfaces.html
> >
> > Sean
> >

> > All the best and thanks
> > Peter

> > Search the archives:

> Search the archives:

*A model is a lie that helps you see the truth.*
*
*
Howard Skipper<http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/31/9/1173.full.pdf>

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]