Marc Carlson | 11 Dec 23:13 2012

Re: convert gene name to Affy ID

Hi Julia,

I have written a vignette specifically for folks like you who are
getting started using annotations.  You can find it here:

www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/vignettes/AnnotationDbi/inst/doc/IntroToAnnotationPackages.pdf

Hope this helps,

   Marc

On 12/11/2012 02:06 PM, Julia Brettschneider [guest] wrote:
> I've done plenty of preprocessing, just for the sake of statistical methods, but right now I find myself
being rather illiterate when it comes to finding out about specific genes.

> I gather I have to use something like
> get(<myfavoritegene_name>, revmap(<description_of_array>))
> but unfortunately I'm blanking on the details.
> It would be great to get some help.
>
> Specifically, what to use to describe the array I'm using
> In this instance, I need this for both the old and the new version of Affy's drosophila gene expression
array, but if you could just point me into the direction where to find those names for whichever chip and any
associated libraries or files I need.