Michael Lawrence | 15 Jul 13:50 2013

Re: IRanges is broken in Cygwin (mingw/math.h)

Sorry Enrico,

Bioc 2.11 is obsolete and no longer maintained. IRanges works fine natively
on Windows; I guess there is some really good reason for using Cygwin?

Michael

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Enrico Ferrero
<enricoferrero86@...>wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's a matter of waiting for the
> Cygwin devs to update to R 3.0.1 then.
>
> In the meanwhile, may I ask (Michael?) to also patch the latest version of
> IRanges (I am guessing 1.16.6, according to my logs) for R 2.15.1?
>
> Thanks!
> Best,
>

> On 15 July 2013 09:17, Steve Lianoglou <lianoglou.steve@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Enrico,
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Enrico Ferrero
>> <enricoferrero86@...> wrote:
>> > Hi Michael,
>> >
>> > I can't seem to install the latest version of IRanges.
>> > For some reason, bioLite() still tries to pull an old version of
>> IRanges,
>> > (that still contains the bug):
>> [snip]
>> > I'm currently on R version 2.15.1 and Bioconductor version 2.11, trying
>> > upgrade to 2.12.
>> > Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Yes you are.
>>
>> You need to be running R-3.0.x in order to use bioc 2.12, as is
>> pointed out in the intro of the Bioconductor installation page:
>>
>> http://bioconductor.org/install/
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> -steve
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lianoglou
>> Computational Biologist
>> Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
>> Genentech
>>

> --
> Enrico Ferrero
> PhD Student
> Steve Russell Lab - Department of Genetics
> FlyChip - Cambridge Systems Biology Centre
> University of Cambridge
>
> e.ferrero@...
> http://flypress.gen.cam.ac.uk/

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]