Stefano Iantorno | 8 Mar 22:41 2014
Picon

Help with sliding window analysis on GRanges object

Hello

I am trying to conduct a sliding window analysis on a GRanges object. My
ranges are a list of 60272 single nucleotide positions representing high
confidence SNPs stored as IRanges object. I would like to retrieve the
list of GRanges row IDs for each  500bp window in the genome
(overlapping windows).

All the documentation I could find on sliding window functions such as
runsum, runmean, etc are all for Rle objects.

Any idea where to start from? I can't figure out a way to pick windows
in the IRanges object across intervals, since each interval is
represented by a start and end position (same genomic position since
it's a single nucleotide long).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-          Stefano