From: Ben Creisler <bcreisler <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yingshanosaurus (Stegosauria) not a nomen nudum
Newsgroups: gmane.science.dinosaurs.general
Date: Tuesday 2nd December 2014 19:59:01 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Ben Creisler
[email protected]

In case people had trouble reading this posting:

Yingshanosaurus was previously declared as a nomen nudum because it
lacked a proper diagnosis,
description and/or illustrations (Maidment & Wei 2006), however, a
paper describing Y. was
released back on 1994 by Zhu SongLin, but apparently was unknown by
most western researchers. This is the
citation in chinese,   [NOTE: The citation in Chinese was actually to
another paper about dinosaurs in the same issue of Sichuan Cultural
Relics 1994.]

If someone want a copy of the paper please reply offlist.

Best,Lukas
[email protected]

==

This paper does establish that Yingshanosaurus was validly described
in 1994, but it apparently has been overlooked in non-Chinese sources.
Here's a very quick and rough English translation of the citation and
the abstract (any errors are mine, and corrections and improvements
are welcome):

Zhu Songlin, 1994.  Record of a fossil stegosaur from Yingshan in the
Sichuan Basin. Sichuan Cultural Relics. 1994-S1:  8-14.

Abstract:

Reports of Yingshanosaurus jichuanensis were made by Comrade Zhoushi
Wu in 1985 at the "French Dinosaur Symposium"*. In this paper, the
morphology and structure of the animal bones are described in detail,
and compared and discussed with other discovered stegosaur material.
Their evolution and classification position is determined.

 *[I presume this means: Les Dinosaures de la Chine à la France,
Colloque International de Paléontologie, Toulouse, France, 2-6
Septembre 1985]

Online links to the paper. The pdf is not free from these sources but
Lukas can provide one as he offered in the email.

http://lib.cnki.net/cjfd/SCWW1994S1002.html

http://mall.cnki.net/magazine/Article/SCWW1994S1002.htm