From: Ken Litkowski <ken <at> clres.com>
Subject: SemEval page on Wikipedia
Newsgroups: gmane.science.linguistics.corpora
Date: Tuesday 9th November 2010 16:22:12 UTC (over 8 years ago)
As Tim Baldwin has noted on the SemEval3 group (http://groups.google.com/group/semeval3),
the SemEval page on Wikipedia has been marked for deletion and has
suggested that those in the Wikepedia community may wish to vote in favor
of keeping it. The deletion page is athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SemEval#SemEval.

I have initiated an attempt to provide an overarching discussion of
semantic evaluation issues at the ACL SemEval portal (http://aclweb.org/aclwiki/index.php?title=SemEval_Portal).
I consider the Wikipedia SemEval page a useful starting point for fleshing
out these issues (along with the Wikipedia entry on word sense
disambiguation).

More importantly, while the portal discussion is intended for ACL members,
the Wikipedia entry presents our face to the world. I would urge CORPORA
members who feel strongly to weigh in on the deletion discussion.

	Ken
--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: [email protected]