From: Anna Welpinghus <Anna.Welpinghus-hBmWKgUk9I7ZqUC/T4R5fQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: workshop: the nature of implicit attitudes
Newsgroups: gmane.science.philosophy.region.europe
Date: Thursday 10th December 2015 16:37:28 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Workshop announcement and call for participation – The nature of
implicit attitudes
January 16, 2016, 10 a.m.  - 6:40 p.m.
Essen, Germany: Kulturwissenschaftliches Institut Essen

Unlike explicit attitudes, implicit attitudes can influence our
behavior without our being aware of them. Recently, biased implicit
attitudes towards members of social groups have received increasing
philosophical attention, because they seem to contribute to persisting
social inequalities. This workshop is about the nature of implicit
attitudes. It will tackle questions such as: What sort of mental state
are implicit attitudes and biases? How doe they fit into our cognitive
architecture? How can we access our own implicit attitudes and in what
sense can we control them?

Program:
10:00-11:10 Ema Sullivan-Bisset (Birmingham): Implicit biases and
propositional imaginings
11:20-12:30 Sophie Stammers (KLC London): Implicit bias, preference
awareness and generic propositions
Lunch Break
14:00-15:10 Lars Dänzer (Duisburg-Essen): Implicit attitudes as task-
indexed informational states
15:20-16:30 Keith Frankish (Open University, UK / University of
Crete):  Who's in charge? Implicit bias, dual minds, and self control.
17:00-18:10 Cristina Borgoni (Graz): Self-knowledge of acknowledged but
unendorsed beliefs
18:10-18:40 Wrapping up
Dinner

The workshop takes place at the Kulturwissenschaftliches Institut Essen
(KWI): http://www.kulturwissenschaften.de/home/kontakt.html

Participation is free of charge but we kindly ask you to register until
January 7th by writing an email to
[email protected]

The workshop is hosted by the Ruhr area's work group on applied
analytic philosophy and financially supported by the KWI Essen.
Contact: [email protected]

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html
and at the unofficial mirror site http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.region.europe.

Recent posts can also be read in a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/PhilosL/.

Discussions should be moved to Chora (a list solely for members of
Philos-L): enrol on Chora via http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.
To join Philos-L email the single line "subscribe philos-l yourname" to
listserv-VnOFtQRrI51aa/[email protected] and read the welcome
message carefully. To sign off the list send a blank message to
[email protected].org

CD: 15ms