From: Andrea Sangiacomo <asangiac-8a+P9i1ojmF8zQARNC3f2A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: CfP: Dutch Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy - Groningen 18-19 February 2017
Newsgroups: gmane.science.philosophy.region.europe
Date: Thursday 23rd June 2016 13:52:09 UTC (about 1 year ago)
*Dutch Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy IV*

Faculty of Philosophy, University of Groningen (NL), 18-19 February 2017

We are pleased to announce the fourth meeting of the Dutch Seminar in Early
Modern Philosophy.

Built on the success of the previous 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions, which
brought together scholars from all over Europe and North America, this
Seminar aims to bring together advanced students and established scholars
working on early modern philosophy (broadly conceived, ranging from the
later scholastics to Kant). The intention is to come to a workshop-type of
collaboration in order to stimulate scholarly exchange in our field.

The Dutch Seminar is part of the activities of the Groningen Centre for
Medieval and Early Modern Thought (www.rug.nl/gcmemt) based at the Faculty
of Philosophy at the University of Groningen, and of the OZSW Study Group
in Early Modern Philosophy. The language of presentation and discussion is
English. Please note that this year the Seminar takes place during the
weekend (Saturday 18th February whole day, Sunday 19th February until 1pm).

*Keynote speakers: *

Prof Jeffrey McDonough (Harvard University)

Dr Emily Thomas (University of Groningen / Durham University)

*Call for papers*

Please send the abstract of your proposed lecture (on any topic relevant to
early modern philosophy) to Dr Andrea Sangiacomo
([email protected])
by *October
15*, 2016. The abstract must be no longer than 500 words, anonymized for
the sake of blind reviewing and sent as a .docx file (please do not use pdf
format). The author’s name and contact information (name, affiliation,
email and professional status – doctoral student; postdoc; lecturer;
etc.)
should also be specified in your e-mail message.

The abstracts will be peer-reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome
of the review by December 20. We will do our best to send the reviewers’
reports to all participants in order to provide useful feedback on the
abstracts.

There are no registration fees. Attendance is free and all listeners are
welcome. No financial help, however, can be provided to support travel
expenses and accommodation.

*Contact*

Andrea Sangiacomo ([email protected])

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html
and at the unofficial mirror site http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.region.europe.

Recent posts can also be read in a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/PhilosL/.

Discussions should be moved to Chora (a list solely for members of
Philos-L): enrol on Chora via http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.
To join Philos-L email the single line "subscribe philos-l yourname" to
listserv-VnOFtQRrI51aa/[email protected] and read the welcome
message carefully. To sign off the list send a blank message to
[email protected].org

CD: 4ms