David Goodger | 22 Sep 19:19 2008

Re: I was thinking that reST would be just the thing for this application...

Martin,

I have no idea what you're asking for, beyond some hand-holding with
transforms. There is some documentation available:

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/api/publisher.html (search for
publish_doctree)
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/peps/pep-0258.html
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/dev/hacking.html
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/doctree.html
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/docutils.dtd
and the code itself

Yes, it's inadequate. Sorry, but nobody has had the right combination
of time/will/need to remedy that. Contributions are welcome.

You'd do well to ask concrete questions, minimize the flowery prose,
and avoid disparaging remarks directed at the very people you're
asking for help.

Care to try again?

-- David Goodger