Torsten Curdt | 4 Jul 15:04 2006
Picon

Fwd: Java SE 6 no longer includes Rhino source code

Sounds like bad news for those hoping for javascript (continuations)
support coming with mustang :-/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Frank O'Neill" <Frank.Oneill <at> Sun.COM>
Date: July 3, 2006 10:44:12 AM CEDT
To: java-lic <at> harri.SFBay.Sun.COM
Subject: Java(TM) SE 6(Mustang) no longer includes Rhino source code

 Dear Licensee,

 This message is to inform you of Sun's decision to remove the Mozilla
Rhino (JavaScript for Java) product from the Java Platform, Standard
Edition (Java SE) 6.

 This means that Rhino source code will no longer be available in the
weekly source builds posted on the Partner Web site, starting with
build 90 which was released on Friday, June 30.  All previous builds
containing the Rhino source have been removed from the Partner Web
site.
 Sources for Rhino will be made available upon request under the
Netscape Public License.  The decision to remove Rhino from Java SE 6
is based on differences in the license terms of
the two products.

 We remain committed to enabling standardized integration with
scripting languages through our planned implementation of JSR 223, and
will continue to encourage developers and ISVs to offer
interoperability through their traditional product channels or on
java.net at:

                     https://scripting.dev.java.net/

 Questions or inquires regarding this change can be sent to your
regular contact in Java Licensee Engineering (JLE).

 Best Regards,

 Java Licensee Engineering

Gmane