MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given | 12 Jul 00:05 2004
Picon

Re: attribute wildcards in open and extensible schemata

> As you might expect, I keep hitting that problem where having an
> attribute wildcard creates a conflict with a declared attribute, and
> quite frankly it's driving me up the walls.

Could you show me a small example of this problem?  Some of us might
be able to think of a better workaround.

> Am I missing something? Is there a solution that I haven't thought of or
> missed in Eric's book? If not, would it be possible in future versions
> of RelaxNG to have something matching arbitrary attributes that haven't
> been matched already? It would be truly helpful for this whole compound
> documents shebang :)
>
> Or should I just give up and hop straight to NRL?

Although RELAX NG is intended to help schema modularization, I think that
sophisticated use of namespaces require something like NRL.  It is expected
to be approved as a Draft International Standard in September, 2004 at
ISO/IEC SC34.

Cheers,

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT <at> asahi-net.or.jp>

Gmane